Clare County Central Dispatch / 911
- Physical Address: 255 W. Main St. Harrison, MI 48625
- For Emergencies: Dial 9-1-1
- 24/7 Non-Emergency Number: (989) 539-1336
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 407 Harrison MI 48625
- Dispatch Director: Marlana Terrian
- Phone #: (989) 539-7166 ext. 4226
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clare County 911 Plan
Sign Up for Clare County Emergency Alerts by texting ClareCoAlerts to 67283
- Hiring Process
- Dispatch Related Testing
- Typing Test
- Criminal Background Check
- Background Investigation, Drug Screening & Physical
CCSO Application for Employment
- Directions for Application Submission:
- Please Include a Resume and Cover Letter
- Send packet to email@example.com
Calling 911 - What do you need to know
- Don't hang up if you call 911 by mistake. Please stay on the line and tell the emergency dispatcher that no help is needed because it was an accidental dial.
- The dispatcher will ask many questions. Most important is the location of the emergency. They'll also ask for your closest cross street, name, address, phone number, time frame of the incident, injuries and additional follow-up questions regarding scene and officer safety.
- Other Tips:
- Know your location, especially when travelling, the dispatcher doesn't receive exact location information.
- Try to stay calm, speak clearly and answer all questions to the best of your ability.
- Do not put the dispatcher on speaker phone unless you absolutely need to. It's very hard to understand, especially if there is background noise.
- Teach children how to call 911 and talk about when it should be used. Prank calls to 911 are illegal and slow down responders to actual emergencies.
- Post your address clearly outside your residence.
- Text-to-911 is available in Clare County as well as most counties in the state of Michigan. We prefer a phone call but if you can't call, send a text message. Please note: You can only send text, no images, videos or emoji's.