John S. Wilson, Sheriff
Phone (989) 539-7166
Phone (989) 539-7166
Control room: Ext 4238
Lt Bryan Dunn Jail Administrator email@example.com Ext 4249
Sgt Aaron Houle Assistant Jail Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 4244
To deposit money or order commissary for an incarcerated inmate visit www.expressaccount.com or call 1-866-422-6833
For information on video visits and calls visit www.homewav.com
REQUEST FOR RECORDS
Accident Reports: May be obtained online at: www.buycrash.lexisnexisrisk.com
All other records may be requested in writing by completing a FOIA Request for Public Records Form and emailing to email@example.com.
The Clare County Sheriff's Office operates on a live scan fingerprint machine, a machine that digitally scans and transmits fingerprints to the State, who in return sends the results directly to the requesting agency, usually via email within days of receipt.
Costs for prints may vary, depending on reason for prints. Payment is expected at the time of prints, and you must bring your Michigan Driver's License or Identification Card. Additionally, paperwork indicating the reason for prints must be presented.
In order for prints to be electronically submitted, the requesting agency (ex: school) has an identifying Agency Number that is required for transmission. Check with your employer for this number. Bring a notice in writing requesting that you be fingerprinted with the Agency Number, Agency Information, your Name and Information, and Reason for prints (ex: SE for School Employment).
Typically, the machine is available Monday-Friday between 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, excluding holidays. Persons are advised to call ahead to inquire about fees. We do not always have change available, so exact cash, check, or money orders is appreciated. We are unable to accommodate children while you are being fingerprinted, so please make prior arrangements.
Please contact the front office during normal business hours for more information at 989-539-7166, ext. 4220
CIVIL PROCESS FEES
|Notice of Abandonment
|Adjournment of Mortgage
|Affidavit of Account/Statement
|Civil Bench Warrant
|Demand for Non-payment
|Ex-Parte Restraining Order
|Forfeiture Notice L/C
|Levy under Writ of Execution
|Mot/Possession Pending Judgment
|Notice to Quit/Terminate
|Note of Sale/Execution
|Orders - Miscellaneous
|Order to Show Cause
|Post of Prop-Mortgage Sale
|Personal Protection Orders
|Request & Order to Seize Property
|Summons & Complaint
|Seizure/Delivery of Goods
|Seizure of Property
|Claiming Title Under Tax Deed
|Writ, Affidavit, and Bond
|Restitution of Premises
|The fees listed above are the base fees. They DO NOT include allowable mileage or any other fees allowable to effect service.
Current Mileage Fee: .9825 per mile
MORTGAGE SALE INFORMATION
For all information pertaining to weekly mortgage foreclosure sales, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the weekly email list.
POSITION SUMMARY: CORRECTIONS OFFICER
The Corrections Officer will carry out all duties assigned by the Corrections Corporal to oversee the daily operations of the Clare County Sheriff Department Corrections Division.
Must be 18 years of age. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, have a driver’s license and reliable transportation. You also must be able to pass a background check and drug screen. You will be required to pass a physical fitness and written test for Local Corrections Officer Physical Abilities Test.
Schedule may vary.
This is a uniformed position.
Starting pay/Benefits: 5 year wage scale with starting pay of $17.85, with benefits, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, MERS B-2 Retirement. Eligible for Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave time.
Applications can be obtained on the County’s website, www.clareco.net, under the Employment Opportunities tab, labeled Clare County Sheriff’s Office Application. An application can also be obtained by stopping in the front office of the Sheriff’s Office at 255 West Main Street, Harrison, MI 48625. Please include a resume with the application.
Application, along with resume can be sent to the following email address: email@example.com, hand delivered to the Sheriff’s Office, or mailed to:
Clare County Sheriff’s Office
255 W. Main Street, Box 407
Harrison, MI 49625-0407
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until position(s) are filled.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise inmates in housing units and those segregated for administrative or punitive measures; instruct inmates in housekeeping and sanitation; supervise the issuance or clothing, bedding and other personal effects to inmates.
- Make periodic patrols of quarters and work areas and initiate counts of inmates at regular and irregular intervals; report any discrepancies to the Corporal/Senior Officer. Maintain inmate counts in log books and computer logs. Perform cell checks according to department policy.
- Maintain control and discipline including use of physical restraint and restraining devices.
- Prevent the introduction of contraband into the facility.
- Check inmate mail for possible contraband; distribute mail in a timely manner.
- Maintain a periodic patrol inside and outside the jail to ensure the security and integrity of the institution; monitor the video system; observe traffic in and around the jail.
- Instruct inmates and maintain control in areas such as food service, recreation, etc. Observe inmates for signs of disorder or tension and report such observations to a higher authority.
- Maintain a record of equipment, supplies and other items; maintain and demonstrate proficiency in the use and care of TASER’s, pepper spray, restraint equipment and emergency measures; instruct inmates in the proper care and use of institutional equipment.
- Initiate and participate in searches of inmates housing areas, recreation areas, and work areas.
- Initiate and participate in inmate recreation.
- Maintain proper security of inmates being transported; institute proper restraints as appropriate for an inmate’s security level; check transportation vehicle before transporting an inmate.
- Maintain all training standards needed for the Corrections Division.
- Initiate disciplinary action and conduct internal investigations of inmates to ensure conformance with Departmental and County of Clare Policies and Procedures, MCOTC / DOC standards, Federal Prisoner Mandates, all training, and other regulatory operations.
- Perform the daily corrections operations of the department.
- Possess good communication skills and communicate regularly, professionally and respectfully with Supervisors, Command Staff, and other Staff, the public, inmates and others.
- Must be able to report division needs to the Lieutenant, Sergeant, or Corporal.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ensure Dispatch, Supervisors and Division staff, know when you are absent. This can be done via a phone call to Dispatch and email message to the Lieutenant. In the absence of the Lieutenant, a message to the Sergeant.
- Report all jail emergencies to the Corporal or Senior Officer.
- Ensure the jail is kept in a state of cleanliness and order.
- Ensure day to day items are stocked and available.
- Ensure jail logs and cells checks are updated according to policy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lieutenant, Sergeant, or Corporal.
- Assist medical staff in a timely manner.
- Oversee inmate workers and assign duties to them.